Laguna Niguel Regional Park (LNRP) - 9/30/07

  • nomisnoraa
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hello all. This morning, Robert McNab and I birded LNRP from 7:15am
      until 10:00am (roughly).

      Notes from the morning:

      In the area below the spillway/dam, we had Brown Creeper, American
      Redstart, and Townsend's Warbler. Also in this area, but along the
      fence, we had Chipping Sparrows and (FOS) Lincoln's Sparrow.

      Other birds of note:
      Green Heron
      Nutmeg Mannikin
      Vaux's Swift
      Yellow-rumped Warbler (in good numbers)

      Goods bird to all.

      Aaron Simon (Mission Viejo)
    • wahoo92677
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
        Also, Aaron forgot to mention the "best" bird of the morning, a
        PLUMBEOUS VIREO at the north end were the road crosses the creek. A
        great looking steel gray bird, and it was singing/calling
        frequently. Same tree/spot as the Cassin's, Warbling, and the
        Hutton's Vireo yesterday!!!

        Robert McNab
        Laguna Niguel

        --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "nomisnoraa"