Bolsa Chica Birds - 9/1 a.m.

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      hello,

      This morning my dad (John Gilbert) and I birded Bolsa Chica for several
      hours. There was a single BLACK TURNSTONE foraging with two RUDDY
      TURNSTONES on the rocky shoreline just across the dike from the first
      overlook. I also saw one REDDISH EGRET from the first overlook. A
      couple of kind birders pointed out a PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER among the
      many BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS at the back part of Bolsa Chica visible from
      Harriet Wieder Park. RED KNOTS were common - I saw at least forty. Most
      were near the tide gates but there were a few near the first overlook
      and a few in the area viewed from Harriet Wieder Park.

      good birding,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange
      http://www.ocbirding.blogspot.com/