Red Knots at UNB, 8/24

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2007
      hello,

      This morning around 8:00 a.m. I saw three RED KNOTS at Upper Newport
      Bay, viewed from the sidewalk along Eastbluff Drive. They were all worn
      adults - one still had a little reddish/salmon coloration on the
      underparts. There were thousands of other shorebirds in the area,
      including a ghostly looking leucistic Willet.

      I also stopped at SJWS briefly to check Ponds C, D, and E. There was
      little there save a couple Red-necked Phalaropes and a Sora.

      good birding,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange
      http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/