Dead Turkey Vultures

  • nomisnoraa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 2:22 PM
      Hello All. This is a report from the Arroyo Trabuco section of
      O'neill Regional Park in Rancho Santa Margarita.

      Spent the morning with classmates Valerie and Karlene walking the
      open grassy areas (up on the arroyo)as well as the canyon-bottom .
      Birds of note were:
      Western Meadowlark
      Bullock's Oriole
      Hooded Oriole
      Pacific-slope Flycatcher
      Northern Harrier
      Lincoln's Sparrow

      We probably netted upwards of 40 (pre-tabulation guesstimate)species
      in roughly 3 hours.

      **In reference to my subject line, we came across 2 dead (juvenile)
      Turkey Vultures. One apparently had be fed upon while the other was
      rather pristine (except for being dead). If anyone wants to
      investigate, please let me know and I can give pretty specific
      directions to both birds.

      Good birds to all.

      Aaron Simon - Mission Viejo