A little ID help?

  • Dan Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      Hello,
      I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me ID a few birds
      I've photographed recently.

      See the photos here:
      http://www.danjcraig.com/photos/Unidentified/index.html

      I think the first one may be the Least Bittern which was mentioned
      recently in the RBA? It's quite small, and the yellow eye set it
      apart from the night heron. Taken at UNB along Back Bay Drive a
      little north of the parking lot - on Saturday 2/24.

      The second one is from Crystal Cove - I'm thinking Marbled Godwit? Taken 2/19.

      The third is also from UNB - at quite a distance, and while I think
      it's an Osprey, the dark breast was confusing me. Taken 2/12.

      Many thanks for any assistance.
      -Dan