HBCP-with some help from my friends

  • johnafdem
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      Found the Varied Thrush and Hermit Thrush, along with some active
      Wilson's Warblers at the Gothard side of HBCP today.

      Also, with Steve Sosensky's help, found the Northern Waterthrush and
      Black and White Warbler in the myoporeum bushes up near the Slater
      parking lot. (Thanks Steve!)

      Yesterday: Female Summer Tanagers were near the Slater parking lot at 8
      am, later seen feeding off the behive that sits above what I call
      the 'nasty pond' (cause it's more like a slough most of the time) which
      is the one surrounded by the myporeum. At Tewinkle, had some nice views
      of the Yellow Throated Warbler later in the morning in the pines to the
      west of the playground equipment near the fence. Also Townsend's
      Warblers were noted in the area.

      I'd really like to report that I found the elusive Rainbow Day-Glow
      Warbler too, but somebody would just point out I was making that up and
      spoil all the fun, so I'll abstain.
      Best!
      John Afdem
      Huntington Beach