Birding at SJWS

  • Leigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2006
      Today was a great day to be birding at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary,
      lots and lots of birds there. White-tailed kites and ospreys circling
      overhead, cassin's kingbirds and blue gray gnatcatchers calling all
      over, and a Cal Thrasher by the boardwalk. I had hermit thrushes and a
      fox sparrow on the boardwalk that was super responsive to pishing. No
      red-throated pipit today but the CLAY-COLORED SPARROW continued over by
      the pipit hangout at the end of pond C (thanks to Doug Willick for the
      tips on that bird, it did exactly what he said it was doing when he saw
      it). Overall a good day to be out =) Happy holidays and good birding
      all.

      I posted photos from the walk on my blog:
      http://avidbirder.blogspot.com

      Leigh Johnson
      Newport Beach, CA