Boats Needed for the Coastal CBC

  • Nancy Kenyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      Dear Fellow Birders,

      As you know, Sea & Sage Audubon does 3 Christmas Bird Counts each year.
      One of our counts, the Coastal CBC on Sunday, Dec. 31st, covers open
      water pelagic birding off the coast of Newport Beach as well as the
      entire Newport Harbor. We use 2 boats for this part of the count - one
      for the open water pelagic birding and one for Newport Harbor. We're out
      counting birds for 6 to 8 hours on the morning & afternoon of Dec. 31st.
      These areas are very important to our count. These birds cannot be
      counted from the shore; most are not even visible unless one is out on
      the water.

      Our problem is that we don't have any boats! If anyone has a boat, or
      knows someone we can contact who has one to use for this count, PLEASE
      LET US KNOW. Contact Steve Alter by email at <scalter1@...> or
      by phone at 714-669-9482.

      Thanks for your help.

      Nancy Kenyon