OC Birds

  • borodayko
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      Greetings,

      I spent the early morning at San Joaquin WS photographing the male
      Vermilion Flycatcher at the usual spot between ponds 1 & 2 toward the
      north end. It showed up just about 2 to 3 minutes after a group of 5
      or 6 birders came by looking for it as I was waiting in the area. If
      you read this I feel for you. Both males showed up for a while hawking
      bugs and posing (no photos posted because I use film). Earlier I saw
      several White-throated Swifts buzzing the ponds as well.

      I stopped off at the wooden bridge at Bolsa Chica at approx 10:30 AM.
      There I met up with Steve Smith and Steve Metildi. Within minutes, a
      Pacific Loon swam up to the bridge and caught a good sized fish. Then
      the American Bittern bared itself north of the bridge on the west side
      of the channel. I posted Steve Smith's photos of the Loon & Bittern in
      the photo folder.

      Enjoy, Al Borodayko
      Cypress, CA