Brown Booby Release

  • debmcduck1956
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2006
      We released the Brown Booby Friday morning in Dana Point. Jim
      Robins persuaded the Dana Point Harbor Patrol to take them out
      towards the end of the jetty, where Jim and Terri Oba scrambled onto
      the rocks and released the bird.

      "He was out of the box quickly, paused a moment on the rocks,
      ruffled his wings and took off. Amazingly strong flight, like he
      was shot out of a cannon" described Terri Oba regarding the booby's
      release. He was heading in a southwest direction.

      If anyone sights him, I hope it gets posted. I am also posting in
      San Diego Birders site. Thank you again for all of your support.

      Debbie McGuire, Wildlife Director
      Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center
      21900 Pacific Coast Highway
      Huntington Beach, CA 92646