Prothonotary Warbler and Fox Sparrow

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      While walking on the trail from the Park Bench Cafe to the red
      flowering tree behind Shipley, a nice group of birders pointed out to
      me a Fox Sparrow, digging in and around a hedge. That was at the fork
      in the trail where you can either go behind Shipleys or go to the
      right towards Shipleys front gate. There's a triangle piece of ground
      with a hedge around it. It was in there as were some White-crowned
      Sparrows. Continuing down the path after that a few people had the
      Prothonotary in the red flowering euc. As we watched it dropped down
      to a lower branch, saving our necks some stress, and then actually
      flew accross the path into a sycamore to our left. It gave us some
      really good low level looks as it flitted from right to left across
      the sycamore. Finally it flew out of the tree towards the Shipley
      fence and we lost it. Hope it comes back for some more looks.

      All of this was between 9 and 10 am.

      Rick Shearer
      Fountain Valley