Oso Res. Clarks/Western Grebes

  • trogon99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hello all. I was curious if anyone out there birds Oso Res. in
      Mission Viejo regularly or sporatically. There are about 30 Western
      Grebes on the lake now with a few Clarks mixed in. I am looking for
      confirmation of the Clarks. Any input on this would be appreciated.
      Thanks much.

      Aaron Simon (Mission Viejo)
    • hamiltonrobb
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "trogon99" <nomisnora@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all. I was curious if anyone out there birds Oso Res. in
        > Mission Viejo regularly or sporatically. There are about 30 Western
        > Grebes on the lake now with a few Clarks mixed in. I am looking for
        > confirmation of the Clarks. Any input on this would be appreciated.
        > Thanks much.
        >
        > Aaron Simon (Mission Viejo)

        In 1995 I confirmed nesting there by numerous Western and Clark's
        grebes, and two mixed pairs. Oso Reservoir offers excellent birding,
        and shorebirding can be super during the fall, especially if the water
        level's down a bit.

        -Robb Hamilton
        Long Beach