Re: Oriole release

  • Nancy Kenyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2006
      I received a very nice thank you note from Debbie, the woman who works
      for Pacific Wildlife Care in San Luis Obispo County, who was looking for
      a good place to release a rehabilitated Hooded Oriole. Apparently, the
      bird was raised by a couple in SLO county who did not relinquish the
      bird until after the orioles had already migrated from that area.

      She wanted to let us know how appreciative she was with all the
      Central Park where there were still orioles around as well as plenty of
      insects for them to feed upon. She said, "I have to tell you, this
      experience has been a very heartwarming one for me, to know that there
      are so many others who truly care about our birds."

      Nancy Kenyon
      Irvine