Phone RBA still down....

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      Group...

      Both escrows closed last Friday, and we moved to our new home on
      Saturday in Dana Point. I packed the phone RBA on Friday night....so
      anyone calling into that number would not make a connection.

      Today, the phone company came out to hook up our residential (home)
      and business (RBA) lines. They eventually found out that the
      subcontractor for the initial area installation, instead of providing
      capacity for each house, had only put in two lines for every two
      houses. I was given a choice... hook up the residential or RBA lines
      now, and evaluate what was needed for the second line. Needless to
      say, I choose the residential hookup, but the RBA hookup (wiring) was
      completed inside the house.

      Given they are going to have to tear up the street to rectify the
      situation, it may be a week or so before the RBA phone line is back
      online.

      Oh well.... also having trouble setting up the wireless network in
      the new place....

      Joel Weintraub