common murre

  • Metallego@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2000
      I figured this was something more appropriate for the birding forum than the
      RBA . . . birding Crescent Bay this morning I had a common murre flying
      south with several thousand black-vented shearwaters, as well as two jaegers.

      Tom Benson
    • pacloon@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
        Tom:

        Please remember that many people who will be joining this list will
        not be totally familiar with the locations you may mention. Where is
        Crescent Bay?

        Also, others: please note by default any reply to to the sender of a
        post to OrangeCountyBirds goes to everyone on the list. This has
        eventually become a problem with other birding listserves when people
        will undoubtedly forget this feature and e-mail the group private
        discussions.

        PS: Also, how about a default id tag like [OCB] (Orange County
        Birding) place in the subject line so that a reader who gets a lot of
        e-mail can distinguish e-mail from Orange County Birds from other
        private and less worthy SPAM e-mail?

        --
        Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA
      • Allen, Bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
          Mike & Others.

          Note that the eGroups system automatically adds [OrangeCountyBirding] to the
          subject line when sending messages out to everyone, so there is no need to
          add it yourself.

          -Bob Allen