Black-chinned Sparrow at ENC

  • Peyton Cook
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      Today at the Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach a male
      Black-chinned Sparrow was seen in the "desert" area. He was feeding
      along side his female companion-a Lazuli Bunting.In the back area a
      Western Wood-pewee was heard and a Spotted Towhee was feeding young.
      Yesterday another bird of note- a male Phainopepla was seen flying
      over pond 4 at the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary.

      Peyton Cook
      Aliso Viejo
    • Leigh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hey all,

        I walked around the ENC yesterday and had no luck with the sparrow,
        any word on whether it's been seen since Peyton's finding it?

        ~Leigh

        --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "Peyton Cook"