RE: [OrangeCountyBirding] Nutting's Flycatcher

  • Allen, Bob
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Ema.

      The Nutting's Flycatcher is indeed a Mexican species but has been found in
      southern Arizona (Lake Patagonia) and now southern California (pending
      formal acceptance by the California Bird Records Committee).

      It is illustrated and discussed in the *third* edition of the National
      Geographic Society's bird guide (time to toss out the old edition and get
      the newest one - many California records are added to this edition). Oddly,
      it was omitted from the two newest birding guides by Sibley and Kaufman.

      Bob Allen
      Co-Moderator, OC Birding