Upcoming Field Trip

  • Nancy Kenyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14 3:17 PM
      We’d like to remind you about this upcoming field trip on Saturday
      morning, April 15th, sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon .

      SANTIAGO OAKS REG. PARK
      Saturday, April 15th - 8:00 a.m.

      This field trip was originally scheduled for Santiago Oaks. However, due
      to the rain we had today (Friday), the park has been closed because the
      park service feels the dirt roads and trails are too muddy to be safe
      for foot traffic. Therefore, we plan to run the trip at Irvine Park
      instead. (Irvine Reg. Park does not close when it rains because its
      roads are paved.)

      This park is also a good place to see and hear spring migrants as well
      as resident species. The field trip will be led by Doug Willick.

      DIRECTIONS: From central or southern Orange County, take Jamboree inland
      towards the mountains, past the turnoffs for Santiago Canyon Rd. &
      Chapman Ave; in fact, stay on Jamboree till it enters the park. Or, from
      the Costa Mesa Frwy. (#55), exit east on Chapman Ave. and follow it all
      the way to Jamboree where you will then turn left; stay on Jamboree
      until it enters the park.

      Be prepared to pay the weekend park fee of $5.00 if you don't have a
      county parks pass. The group will meet at the 1st parking lot on the
      right side after passing the park entrance.

      Nancy Kenyon, field trip chair
      Sea & Sage Audubon
      nancykenyon@...