Western Kingbird

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      I had a Western Kingbird in my Fountain Valley yard yesterday morning
      which hasn't happened before. That evening when I went to pick up my
      son at his practice, there were 8 Kingbirds on the powerlines just
      accross the street from Fulton School in Fountain Valley. I thought
      they were western but it was getting dark and they were quiet so maybe
      like the other writer reported, there was a mix.

      Rick Shearer
      Fountain Valley
    • borodayko2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2010
        Greetings,

        Steve Smith sent me a nice photo of a Western Kingbird he took at Bolsa Chica, Saturday morning. It can be viewed in the Miscellaneous photo folder or temporarily in the new photos folder.

        Enjoy, Al Borodayko
        Cypress, CA
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2013
          Hi,

          I heard and photographed a Western Kingbird at Hiltscher Park in Fullerton today. While still quite rare, this species has sure gotten more common in winter in the past decade or so.

          Jim Pike
          HB