some new year's birds

  • Thomasabenson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      I went out with Gerry Tolman on Russell and Diane Sipe's boat this morning as
      part of the CBC. Our most notable birds were outside the circle in Anaheim
      Bay. We saw 2 White-winged Scoters, both males, 1 in Anaheim Bay, the other
      (inside the circle) off Huntington Beach between the Pier and Goldenwest. Two
      Red Phalaropes and 2 Rhinocerous Auklets were several miles offshore. Seven
      Black Oystercatchers were on the southeastern-most jetty/breakwater in Anaheim
      Bay. With these was an "American" Oystercatcher. I will post pictures of the
      bird on Tuesday after I return home. Good birding.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino, CA