Golden-crowned Sparrow back country

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi, on a Nature Conservancy docent led hike today, Dec. 1. on the
      Limestone Canyon Trail to The Sinks, off Santiago Canyon Road, we saw a
      Golden-crowned Sparrow. I have uploaded a fairly distant picture of
      him, but close enough that you can make out the gold crown. There were
      also dozens of Phainopepla there, a flock of Lark Sparrows, Scrub Jays,
      Acorn Woodpeckers, and many more of the more common types.

      Rick Shearer
      Fountain Valley