Reminder - Ballona Wetlands, LA County

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2005

      Ballona Wetlands, LA County

      Date: Sunday, October 30, 2005
      Time: 8:00AM - 1:00PM PST (GMT-08:00)

      TARGET BIRDS - Black Oystercatcher, Glaucous-winged Gull,
      Surfbird, Black Turnstone, possible Wandering Tattler &
      Large-billed Savannah Sparrow.

      The walk will include the Del Rey Lagoon, the beach, the jetties
      and the breakwater. You can expect to see sea ducks, loons,
      gulls, terns, shorebirds, and cormorants. This part of the
      outing will take approximately 3 hours. Then, Barbara will take
      those of you who are interested into the new Ballona Freshwater
      Marsh which is nearby. Trip size is limited; call or email
      Nancy Kenyon for reservations (949-786-3160); leave your phone
      number for trip confirmation.

      DIRECTIONS: (Thomas Guide, LA County, p. 702) Take the #405 to
      the #90 West (Marina Fwy.) Marina Fwy. to Culver Blvd. (First
      light) Left on Culver Blvd. to Pacific Ave. (approx 1-3/4 mile)
      Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Pacific Ave. past the
      ball field on the right to the parking lot on the right. We will
      meet in the parking lot on Pacific Ave. (Oct. 30th is the first
      day of Daylight Savings time. Be sure to set your clocks back 1
      hour the night before! ) This trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage
      Audubon.

      Trip Leader - Barbara Johnson
      Trip Coordinator - Nancy Kenyon (949) 786-3160;
      <kenyon@...>
    • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2005

        Ballona Wetlands, LA County

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2005

          Ballona Wetlands, LA County

          Date: Sunday, October 30, 2005
          Time: 8:00AM - 1:00PM PST (GMT-08:00)

          TARGET BIRDS: Black Oystercatcher, Glaucous-winged Gull,
          Surfbird, Black Turnstone, possible Wandering Tattler &
          Large-billed Savannah Sparrow.

          (This field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.) The first
          part of our trip will include the Del Rey Lagoon, the beach, the
          jetties and the breakwater. You can expect to see sea ducks,
          loons, gulls, terns, shorebirds, and cormorants; it will take
          approximately 3 hours. The 2nd part of the trip will be to the
          new Ballona Freshwater Marsh nearby where we´┐Żll bird for
          about an hour.

          Directions: (Thomas Guide, LA County, p. 702) Take the #405 to
          the #90 West (Marina Fwy.) Marina Fwy. to Culver Blvd. (First
          light) Left on Culver Blvd. to Pacific Ave. (approx 1-3/4 mile)
          Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Pacific Ave. past the
          ball field on the right to the parking lot on the right. We will
          meet in the parking lot on Pacific Ave.

          Oct. 30th is the 1st day of Daylight Savings time. Be sure to
          set your clocks back 1 hour the night before! Trip size is
          limited; call or email Nancy Kenyon for reservations. Be sure
          to provide your phone number or email address for trip
          confirmation.

          Trip Leader: Barbara Johnson
          Reservations: Nancy Kenyon (949-786-3160) <kenyon@...>