Black & White Crow

  • borodayko
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
      Greetings,

      For those who are interested in odd colorings of birds, I had a
      partial albino or leucistic American Crow on the bank of our creek
      next to my house in Cypress at 5:30 PM today. It was with a herd of
      regular crows that stopped on the bank for a few minutes and then the
      herd moved. The outer half of each wing was pure white. The rest of
      the bird was black.

      Regards, Al Borodayko
      Cypress, CA
    • Lena Yee Hayashi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2005
        A crow fitting the description has been seen at Shipley Nature Center in HB several times also, specifically during the spring.
        Lena Hayashi
        For those who are interested in odd colorings of birds, I had a
        partial albino or leucistic American Crow on the bank of our creek
        next to my house in Cypress at 5:30 PM today. It was with a herd of
        regular crows that stopped on the bank for a few minutes and then the
        herd moved. The outer half of each wing was pure white. The rest of
        the bird was black.

        Regards, Al Borodayko
        Cypress, CA

        Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status.

        To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:
        To see photos of birds being discussed (if available) see:
        http://members.cox.net/orcorba/
        Yahoo! Groups Links