Blackpoll Warbler

  • Thomasabenson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      This morning on the west side of Huntington Central Park I had a Blackpoll
      Warbler. The bird was with a flock of Orange-crowned Warblers in eucalyptus
      trees just above the partition between the two fenced dog areas. A MacGillivray's
      Warbler was on the east side of the park inside the fenced slope above the
      amphitheater. Good birding.

      Tom Benson

    • thomasf_h
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2013
        Breeding male blackpoll Warbler at HCP near the amphitheater now. No luck wih the Philadelphia Vireo yet.

        Tom Ford-Hutchinson
        Irvine, CA
      • rogerschoedl
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2014

          I had a BLACKPOLL WARBLER this morning in the tipu trees of the urban forest area (located along Ellis between Goldenwest and Edwards) of Huntington Central Park. (HCP).

          The Wieder Park had some interesting migrants today. I was able to observe the WHITE-WINGED DOVE found by Jeff before it flew off east out of sight over the houses. Also saw the Acorn Woodpecker reported in the area in some of the palms on Seapoint before it headed north towards HCP. Other highlights included a VESPER SPARROW (found by Brian Daniels yesterday) in the field by Palm Street, 4 sooty Fox Sparrows in Fisher's Gulch, and 2 American Pipits and 5 Western Meadowlarks in the stubble fields.

          Roger Schoedl

          Huntington Beach