Reminder - Salton Sea

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2005

      Salton Sea

      Date: Saturday, July 23, 2005
      Time: 3:00PM - 7:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      (This field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.) Our
      weekend field trip will take place late on Saturday afternoon
      and early on Sunday morning to allow us to bird the Salton Sea
      area during the cooler portions of the day. We will NOT be out
      birding during the midday period! The trip will not involve a
      lot of walking as we will be birding close to the cars which
      will make iteasier to stay cool. This trip has been scheduled
      in late July so as to catch some of the migrant species coming
      through; we can also expect to see some returning shorebirds in
      partial breeding plumage. A list of possible birds you could
      see at the Salton Sea on our summer field trip is listed on our
      chapter webpage under FIELD TRIPS, Trip Recaps 2003-2004 (see
      Aug. 2003). This trip requires advance reservations and group
      size is limited. Trip fee is $15. Make check payable to SEA &
      SAGE AUDUBON; mail to Salton Sea FT, c/o Nancy Kenyon, 32 Almond
      Tree Ln, Irvine CA 92612. Remember to include your phone number
      and e-mail address or a SASE for trip confirmation and
      information.

      Trip Leader: Vic Leipzig

      Trip Coordinator: Nancy Kenyon <kenyon@...> (949)
      786-3160