Weekend Birds

  • Peyton Cook
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      I could not find the Cackling Goose at Laguna Niguel RP this weekend.
      I went a couple of times with no luck. It was last seen on June 21st.

      The American Wigeon continues at Village Pond Park, Lake Forest.

      The Violet-Green Swallow reported from the Sycamore Creek Trail in
      Dana Point May 14th, continues along the trail and in the San Juan
      Creek. There are also Black-Necked Stilt with many Juvenile's in the
      creek.

      Peyton Cook
      Aliso Viejo
    • nomisnoraa
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2007
        Hello All. Some birds of note from the weekend.

        Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary:

        Lark Sparrow (3/17)
        Golden-crowned Sparrow (3/17 & 3/18)
        Fox Sparrow (3/17 & 3/18)
        Hooded Oriole (3/18)
        **bobcat**

        Tamarisk Park: located at the top of Pearwood. Pearwood is located on
        Trabuco Rd. between Lake Forest and Bake (see earlier post by R.McNab)

        Rufous Humminbird - nw corner...cooperative. I have pics that I will
        attempt to post.