Reminder - Audubon meeting - "Owls In Our Area" - p...

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2005

      Audubon meeting - "Owls In Our Area" - presented by Pete
      DeSimone

      Date: Friday, June 17, 2005
      Time: 7:30PM - 9:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Our speaker for the June meeting will be Pete DeSimone, manager
      of Audubon California�a Starr Ranch Sanctuary. Pete�s
      program on �Owls in Our Area� will cover the life
      histories of several species of owls commonly seen and heard
      here in southern California. He will be bringing a live Great
      Horned Owl with him.

      Pete spent over ten years studying raptors in northwest
      Connecticut; in Michigan he has been working on an Osprey
      nesting program. Here in Orange County, he has been banding a
      variety of raptor nestlings found at the Starr Ranch Sanctuary.
      The four species of owls which breed at the sanctuary are Great
      Horned, Barn, Western Screech and Long-eared.

      We hope you will join us for this fascinating program on owls.
      The doors open at 7:00, the meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. We meet
      at the Irvine Ranch Water District Board Meeting Room at 15600
      Sand Canyon Avenue in Irvine.

      Directions to our General Meeting

      Our meetings are held in the Board Meeting Room of the Irvine
      Ranch Water District's main office on the east side of Sand
      Canyon Ave. at the intersection of Water Works and Sand Canyon,
      in the city of Irvine. If you are coming by freeway, Sand
      Canyon may be accessed from both Santa Ana Frwy (5) or San Diego
      Frwy (405); there are ramps from both the north and the south.

      For additional information about our Sea & Sage Audubon meeting,
      please contact Nancy Kenyon at (949) 786-3160 or at
      <kenyon@...>.
    • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2005

        Date: Friday, June 17, 2005
        Time: 7:30PM - 9:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

        Our speaker for the June meeting will be Pete DeSimone, manager
        of Audubon California's Starr Ranch Sanctuary. Pete's program
        on "Owls in Our Area" will cover the life histories of several
        species of owls commonly seen and heard here in southern
        California. He will be bringing a live Great Horned Owl with
        him.

        Pete spent over ten years studying raptors in northwestern
        Connecticut; in Michigan he has been working on an Osprey
        nesting program. Here in Orange County, he has been banding a
        variety of raptor nestlings found at the Starr Ranch Sanctuary.
        (The four species of owls which breed at the sanctuary are Great
        Horned, Barn, Western Screech and Long-eared.)

        We hope you will join us for this fascinating program on owls.
        The doors open at 7:00, the meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. We meet
        at the Irvine Ranch Water District Board Meeting Room at 15600
        Sand Canyon Avenue in Irvine.

        DIRECTIONS TO OUR GENERAL MEETINGS: