Laguna Niguel RP & Village PP

  • Peyton Cook
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      I had some continuing and new birds today, June 1st:

      Village Pond Park: (male) American Wigeon

      Laguna Niguel Regional Park- There has been a Cackling Goose
      (Aleutian) present since Monday May 30th. It continues as of today
      June 1st . Also today at the park was a Least Bittern. Usually these
      birds are only heard but this one was in the open long enough for a
      couple of pictures. I hope that this is a returning "breeding" bird
      from last year! First for the year where 2 Least Terns flying around
      the island area. I have down loaded pictures of the Bittern and Goose
      to the
      photo file. Enjoy!!

      Peyton Cook
      Aliso Viejo