Fwd: swan photos and mystery bird

  • Debbie McGuire
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2004
      Who can identify this juvenile swan that is currently swimming at the "Cove" (PCH and Balboa Blvd). It is begging the residents for food and water and was probably abandoned there. The Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center may end up with this Swan and I will need to find a home for it.

      Also, the mystery bird is a photo sent to me from friends that live in Montana. This bird is eating suet at their feeder and although the picture doesn't show it, this bird has a long tail.

    • Allen, Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2004
        Debbie,

        The OC Birding list does not allow attachments, they were automatically
        removed and no one received your photos.

        Interested folks can e-mail Debbie directly at:
        debmcduck1956ATyahoo.com (replace the word AT with the "at" sign if you
        send her a note) to ask that she send you the photo(s) directly.

        Also, OC Birding does not allow posts for areas outside of Orange
        County, California, so your question about birds at a Montana feeder
        should be sent elsewhere.

        -Bob Allen
        Owner & Co-Moderator, OC Birding