Osprey in Anaheim

  • Allen, Bob
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2004
      Greetings,

      Forgot to post this last week. Last Thursday morning, Ozzy the Osprey
      was back on his/her light pole in the parking lot of Fry's Electronics
      along the north side of the 91 Freeway, just east of the Kramer
      offramp.

      -Bob Allen
    • Allen, Bob
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2004
        The bird has been returning to that spot for years (of course I don't
        really know if it is the same bird). I named it Ozzie as I, too, was
        crawling along the 91 freeway on the way to work.

        -Bob Allen

        On Oct 14, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Lidia Seebeck wrote:

        > I have to ask, is this a wild bird that got lovingly named by locals,
        > or what? Sounds interesting to say the least. My husband crawls by
        > there twice a day, I'll have him keep an eye out for him.
        > Lidia Seebeck
        > lidia@...

      • Bob Allen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
          This morning just after 7:30 am, Ozzie the Osprey was on a tall post
          above the fishing "lakes" at the 91/55 freeway interchange. Earlier
          this week and at the same time of morning, he/she was atop his/her
          usual post in the southeast corner of the parking lot of Fry's
          Electronics feeding on something.

          -Bob Allen