Bolsa Chica Closures

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2004
      I'm reposting this from Vic's Calbirds message. If this is
      redundant...better redundancy than nothing.
      Joel Weintraub

      A word of warning to birders traveling to Bolsa Chica Ecological
      Reserve in
      Huntington Beach, CA. The good news is that a major wetland restoration
      project will begin on October 1, 2004. The bad news is that the loop
      trail (from
      the end of the boardwalk to the tidegates) will be closed on that date
      for
      approximately a year. In addition, California Fish & Game is planning
      to rebuilt
      the boardwalk. This will require closure of the boardwalk and the
      parking lot
      for an estimated three months. No start date has been fixed for the
      boardwalk
      project, but they would like to do it some time during the closure of the
      trail.

      Victor Leipzig
      Bolsa Chica Conservancy