SJWS Black-crowned night herons

  • P.J. Brandt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      I was able to positively identify the immature black-crowned night heron
      (def. not immature yellow-crowned) In fact, it turns out that there are two
      immature black-crowned night herons that keep company with (apparently)
      their mother. The three of them were spotted this AM at SJWS, pond A at the
      NE corner. For a time, they fly over to the NW corner of pond A. A great
      blue heron was also in the close vicinity of the immatures. It was an
      interesting morning of heron-watching as they were very active.

      Thank you to those of you who responded to my earlier email.

      Pamela

      MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups � now 2 months
      FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/