Reminder - Sea & Sage Audubon Meeting: "European B...

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2004

      Sea & Sage Audubon Meeting: "European Birds, Bird Observatories
      & Migration�

      Date: Friday, May 21, 2004
      Time: 7:30PM - 9:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      "European Birds, Bird Observatories & Migration"
      presented by Adrian del Nevo

      Our May program will highlight the programs of one of Orange
      County's best kept ornithological secrets, Adrian del Nevo.
      Adrian, a British transplant to Orange County is an
      internationally recognized expert and consultant on risk to
      avian communities and habitats throughout the world. He is an
      advisor to governments and international environmental
      institutions and businesses. He is president of Applied
      Ecological Solutions and is an Associate Professor of Biology at
      Cal State University Long Beach. Adrian was formerly the
      Director of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and
      Director of two British Bird Observatories. He has combined his
      expertise with Birds, bird observatories and migration into a
      fascinating talk that will walk us through the history - and
      birds - of the two island-based British observatories he
      directed.

      This is a program you don't want to miss! The doors open at
      7:00, the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. We meet at the Irvine
      Ranch Water District Board Meeting Room at 15600 Sand Canyon
      Avenue in Irvine.

      Jay & Marquita Miller, Program Co-Chairs
      Sea & Sage Audubon

      DIRECTIONS:
      Our meetings are held in the Board Meeting Room of the Irvine
      Ranch Water District's main office on the east side of Sand
      Canyon Ave. at the intersection of Water Works and Sand Canyon,
      in the city of Irvine. If you are coming by freeway, Sand
      Canyon may be accessed from both Santa Ana Frwy (5) or San Diego
      Frwy (405); there are ramps from both the north and the south.
      [The Irvine Ranch Water District neither supports nor endorses
      the cause or activities of organizations which use the
      district's meeting rooms, which are made available as a public
      service.)