Phainopeplas at Clark Reg. Park

  • ocbirding
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2004
      We had a pair of Phainopeplas at Clark Reg. Park this morning. They
      were on the north side of Rosecrans across from the NE corner of the
      park (top side of Camel Hill). Last year there were several
      Phainopeplas who used these same bushes and trees on both sides of
      Rosecrans for their nests and feeding. Nice to see "them" back again.

      The most astounding thing was the scarcity of Black Phoebes from the
      entire park. I found myself getting desperate to see one. They're the
      birders' mascot. They're SUPPOSED to be there...always! (We did see
      some, but not near as many as usual.)

      Good birding,

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton, North Orange County