Reminder - Audubon Meeting: "Local Birds"

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2004

      Audubon Meeting: "Local Birds"

      Date: Thursday, May 13, 2004
      Time: 7:00PM - 9:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      �Local Birds�
      presented by Fred Swegles

      Fred Swegles, a reporter and photographer with the San Clemente
      Sun Post News, has enjoyed a heightened interest in bird
      photography since taking up digital photography. At our next
      meeting he will display some of the images he captured�by
      presenting a computer-driven slide show. Recently he
      participated in a South Coast Audubon bird walk at San Mateo
      Campground and he will show a few of the pictures he took that
      day as well. Fred grew up in San Clemente, and has been with
      the Sun Post since 1970. Many of the pictures of our South
      Coast Audubon history were taken by Fred since our chapter began
      in 1976 and we often got publicity from the local paper.

      Our monthly general meetings are held at the San Juan Capistrano
      Women�s Club at 31442 El Horno, San Juan Capistrano. Doors
      open at 6:45 pm. The program begins at 7:00 pm and Bird ID and
      a short business meeting before the main speaker. The evening
      concludes with refreshments.

      Mary Jane Roberts, Program Chair
      South Coast Audubon

      DIRECTIONS:
      (Thomas Guide 972 C1) From I-5, take the Ortega off ramp,
      turning towards the Mission. Stay in the right hand lane and
      turn right at the second light which is El Camino Real.
      Continue to El Horno and turn right. The Womens Club will be
      the first building on the right; the parking lot is just before
      the building. From PCH, take Del Obispo inland to Camino
      Capistrano. Turn right between the �new� Catholic Church
      and the library on Acjachema. Turn left on El Camino Real,
      right on El Horno, and watch for the Women�s Club as above.
    • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2004

        Audubon Meeting: "Local Birds"