Reminder - Big Morongo Preserve

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004

      Big Morongo Preserve

      Date: Sunday, May 2, 2004
      Time: 7:00AM - 11:30AM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Big Morongo Preserve is a mecca for migratory birds as well as
      resident desert species. This willow/cottonwood riparian area,
      with a year around stream, surrounded by desert, attracts a wide
      variety of birds including the nesting Vermilion Flycatcher,
      Brown-crested Flycatcher, Summer Tanager, Yellow-breasted Chat,
      Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Gambel�s Quail, Verdin, and many
      more. DIRECTIONS: Take the Riverside Fwy. #91 to San
      Bernardino Fwy. #10 towards Palm Springs. Drive past Banning and
      the Palm Springs exit to #62, the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree exit
      . Drive approximately 7 miles to the center of Morongo Valley.
      Turn right on East Drive across from Rocky�s Pizza, then
      take the first driveway to the left, into the preserve parking
      lot where we will meet. Bring a hat, water, snack, and your
      lunch. (This field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.)

      Bruce Aird, Leader
      949-458-1520
    • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2005

        Big Morongo Preserve

        Date: Sunday, May 8, 2005
        Time: 7:00AM - 12:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

        Big Morongo Preserve is a mecca for migratory birds as well as
        resident desert species. This willow/cottonwood riparian area,
        with a year around stream, surrounded by desert, attracts a wide
        variety of birds including the nesting Vermilion Flycatcher,
        Brown-crested Flycatcher, Summer Tanager, Yellow-breasted Chat,
        Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Gambel�s Quail, Verdin, and many
        more.

        DIRECTIONS: From Orange County, take the Riverside Fwy. #91 to
        San Bernardino Fwy. #10 towards Palm Springs. Drive past Banning
        and the Palm Springs exit to #62, the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree
        exit where you will turn off. Drive approximately 7 miles to the
        center of Morongo Valley. Turn right on East Drive across from
        Rocky�s Pizza, then take the first driveway to the left,
        into the preserve parking lot where we will meet. Bring a hat,
        water, snack, a jacket & lunch. (This field trip is sponsored
        by Sea & Sage Audubon.)

        Co-Leaders: Bruce Aird & Peyton Cook
        (949)458-1520
      • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com