RBA...Message Problems

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2004
      Group,
      Last week I sent out the RBA on OrCoRBA on Wed. night as usual, but it
      wasn't posted by Yahoo Groups until Thursday.

      Last night I again sent in the week's summary....did it again....and
      still no sign of it and it's Thursday at 10:30 am. So.....tried
      again.... no sign. Hmmmmmm....

      So testing this website...also including the RBA below.

      Joel Weintraub

      RBA

      * California
      * Orange County
      * April 14, 2004
      * CAOC0404.14

      - Birds mentioned
      Bald Eagle
      Lewis Woodpecker
      Black and White Warbler
      White-throated Sparrow
      Gray Flycatcher
      Plumbeous Vireo
      Summer Tanager

      - Transcript
      hotline: Orange County, California date: April 14, 2004; number:
      (949) 487-6869; compilers: Joel Weintraub and Delores Jenisch.
      send e-mail sightings to both compilers: JWeintraub@... and
      djenisch@.... To receive our RBA updates (whenever
      issued) subscribe to: OrCoRBA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com by sending a
      message with Subscribe as the subject.

      Send reports on California Bird Record Committee Review Species
      sightings to: Guy McCaskie, Secretary, California Bird Records
      Committee P. O. Box 275 Imperial Beach, CA 91933-0275 The species in
      caps on the bird mentioned list (if present) are all Review Species;
      the committee would appreciate documentation on their occurrence in
      Orange County. There is a website for discussing birds/birding in
      Orange County California.

      Radio Codes for Birders in Orange County: channel 11 subcode 22
      (national code). We have a new accessory website that has recent
      photos of rarities and maps of some birding spots in the County,
      including a map of Huntington Central Park showing the "local" names
      for birding areas at: http://members.cox.net/orcorba/

      Note: We are supplying for many sightings (AT THE END OF THIS REPORT)
      links for maps of the area and aerial photos. Many of these are
      general maps. If we have specific information from GPS readings, we
      will alert ou to the fact. After you go to the link, go to the BOTTOM
      of the form and choose aerial photo (and adjust zoom factor) or the
      map (where eventually you will adjust the zoom factor).

      Observers: Terry Hill, Robb Hamilton, Jeff Chapman, Jimmy Harcrow,
      Peyton Cook.

      Today, at Huntington Central Park, below the Slater Street Parking
      lot, a GRAY FLYCATCHER, PLUMBEOUS VIREO, and female SUMMER TANAGER
      were spotted.

      Yesterday, an immature BALD EAGLE was sitting on a pole along the
      north side of Westminster Blvd. as it runs between the Naval Weapons
      Station (between Seal Beach Blvd. & Bolsa Chica).

      On Friday a a tan-striped WHITE-THROATED SPARROW was in an oak tree
      along upper Wood Canyon in Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park.

      Also on Friday along the Santa Ana River north of the Lincoln Street
      crossing, past the porta potties along the bike path, in the trees
      that have the bluebird boxes, a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER was seen.

      And finally, the LEWIS'S WOODPECKER continued on the 12th at
      Fairhaven/Santa Ana Memorial Cemetery in Santa Ana.

      http://stevemorse.org/jcal/map.html?latitude=33:33.120&longitude=-117:43.204
      Aliso-Wood Canyon Park Area
      http://www.biketrails.com/alisowood.html

      http://stevemorse.org/jcal/map.html?latitude=33:42.309&longitude=-118:00.186
      Huntington Central Park, East Side, Huntington Beach, General Area
      http://members.cox.net/orcorba/hcp2.JPG

      http://stevemorse.org/jcal/map.html?latitude=33:43.154&longitude=-117:52.706
      Santa Ana Memorial Park, Fairhaven Memorial Park, Santa Ana Area

      -End Transcript