OP ED piece in LA Times

  • DW Emory
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      On Friday, I was contacted by the LA Times Op Ed editor. I was informed
      that someone (most definitely not me!) had clued them in about the thread
      regarding the Cactus Wren. The content of those emails were described to
      me, and I confirmed that it was accurate. I was then asked to give
      permission for them to publish the ones I sent. Given the circumstances
      (they already had the stuff) I said I would give permission to
      publish provided there was no editorializing, and emphasized that this
      list is a serious undertaking, and should not be demeaned in any way. I've
      been told it will run in Monday's edition, presumably on the Op Ed page
      (opposite the editorials).

      Who knows, maybe it'll be good publicity for the list, or whet the interest
      of would-be birders. I don't see how it could hurt, but maybe I'm naive.
      DW Emory <danemory@...>