Specialties Field Trip

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      Nancy Kenyon asked me to post some information about the annual Sea
      and Sage Christmas Bird Count Specialty trip. The meeting location
      for the field trip is never announced until Curtis Johnson knows
      where most of the special birds are to be found - after the count, of
      course. We want to be sure that those interested show up at the right
      location.
      Joel Weintraub, Dana Point, CA

      CBC Specialties Field Trip
      Sat. - Jan. 3rd - 8:00 a.m.

      (This field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.) The purpose of
      this trip is to search for some of the more unusual birds seen on this
      year¹s two Christmas Bird Counts. We will meet at the Slater Street
      parking lot in Huntington Central Park. You should plan to arrive
      before 8:00 am in order to allow adequate time to sign in and pick up
      a copy of the trip itinerary & bird list. At 8:00, the leaders will
      discuss pertinent information regarding the trip itinerary and target
      birds. DIRECTIONS: The Slater Street parking lot is located on the
      south side of Slater Street at the intersection of Slater & Golden
      West, in Huntington Beach. BRING: your binoculars, a field guide, a
      snack, and, don¹t forget your Orange County map which will greatly
      facilitate your getting from one stop to the next. The length of the
      trip will depend on the number of birds and locations to be viewed; it
      could last into the afternoon.

      Trip Leaders: Curtis Johnson & Jerry Tolman