Curlew?

  • Joel Weintraub
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Group:...this is what I saw this morning from the LA RBA...see my
      comments at end.

      From: "Dr Raymond A. Schep" <YOOHOORAY@...>
      Subject: [BIRDWEST] Los Angeles RBA 11/ 30/00
      To: BIRDWEST@...

      - LA
      * California
      * Los Angeles RBA
      * November 30, 2000
      * CASO00011.30

      A juvenile CURLEW SANDPIPER, is still on the Santa Ana River. seen by
      Bob Reeling of San Josè. Park at the end of Garfield, walk south
      along the trail approximately 600 yards...look for a plastic grocery
      bag in the top row of the chain link fence to mark the spot where the
      bird was last seen. It is usually seen 50 yards downstream from the
      Bonaparte's Gull flock.

      My comments: I sent an email to Dr. Schep asking for the DATE of this
      sighting. It is NOT on BirdBox for the last 2-3 days. Reiling was
      down here in Orange County, and reported the female Black-throated
      Blue Warbler. He sent me an email as well and my impression was he
      was then back in San Jose (a number of days ago). Don't think (but
      don't know for sure) the above "is still" is accurate/current....but
      just to alert you (but didn't send this to the entire OrCoRBA mailing
      list).