Orange County Xmas Counts

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
      Group,

      I've put up a link to the northern Christmas Bird Counts (on the Sea &
      Sage Website) and some preliminary information on the South County
      Count on our accessory website:
      http://members.cox.net/orcorba/
      Depending on the extent of the 15 mile diameter circle for the South
      County Count (San Juan Capistrano Circle), I'm hoping to include part
      of Starr Ranch. I'm also hoping we can make arrangements for a boat
      (anyone want to volunteer?) for counting nearshore birds on December
      20th. I've contacted the Ocean Institute and their research vessel is
      not scheduled to go out that day.
      Anyone anticipating volunteering for any of the 3 counts should
      contact the appropriate people shown on the websites. As this event
      gets closer, you will receive more information (and pleas to participate).
      Joel Weintraub, Dana Point, CA
    • Dave Ranney
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
        All,

        On Friday, Oct. 31, I had a female Summer Tanager at Huntington Central
        Park, in the "Eucs south of the Wet Area" (Location #7 as described on
        Delores Jenisch's map at http://members.cox.net/orcorba/hcp2.JPG).
        Likely this is the same bird mentioned in the latest OrCoRBA weekly
        update as found by Dick Cabe on the 2nd. There was also a noisy group
        of Nutmeg Mannikins in the area.

        Also on the 31st, at SJWS, I observed the Pectoral Sandpiper in Pond E.

        Sorry for the late reports.

        -Dave

        ------

        Dave Ranney