No. Mockingbird and HCP map

  • Delores Jenisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2003
      Last Sunday, my husband, William, was at the Fullerton Arboretum where
      he saw a truly "strange" looking Northern Mockingbird. It had a very,
      very thin, and
      all white, tail. Had William going there for a few seconds, until he got
      a closer
      look at it. Only ONE central tail feather remained on this seriously
      molting bird!
      Other than a little awkward in flight it seemed to be in good shape.

      On another note, and cross posted to Orange County Rare Bird Alert
      (OrCoRBA)...

      I am currently working on a color-coded area map of Huntington
      Central Park which will clarify the location of such places as “the
      island,” “the wet spot,” “the cocklebur area,” and the various “eucs,”
      etc. If you have specific knowledge of exactly where these areas are in
      the park, as well as the birders’ names for other favorite birding spots
      in the park, please email me at djenisch@.... When completed,
      the map will be placed in a file on our OrCoRBA Yahoo website for easy
      access.

      Thanks ahead of time for your input.

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton, North Orange County