7442Bolsa Chica Birds

  • rogerschoedl
    May 18, 2013
      I had only a fleeting view of the CLAPPER RAIL from the Bolsa Chica footbridge this morning. I heard a second in the far distance. Also saw a male RED-NECKED PHALAROPE foraging by the north side of the eastern part of the footbridge. I ran into Trish Gussler who found a HORNED GREBE in alternate plumage at the first lookout. Otherwise, bird activity was low due to the breezy conditions.

      Later went to Harriet Wider Park with Trish. We didn't see anything terribly exciting there. Considering the numbers present last weekend, warblers were surprisingly sparse.

      Roger Schoedl
      Huntington Beach
    • Show all 47 messages in this topic