6444Huntington Central Park birds 9/1

  • Richard Cabe
    Sep 1, 2012
      We received a call from Brian Daniels this morning and he and Leo Ohtsuke were with a cooperative Yellow-throuted Vireo near the "island" area of Huntington Central Park. Today is a Civil War re-enactment day there but we went there anyway and located the bird singing loudly on the south side of the island.
      We had many Western Tanagers too and a male Pin-tailed Wyduh also near the island.

      On yesterday's (8/31) monthly Shipley Nature Center count, the highlights were 3 Ash-throated Flycatchers, a Pacific-Slope Flycatcher, an Olive-sided Flycatcher, a Rufous Hummingbird, a Warbling Vireo, 2 Western Tanagers and 2 Black-headed Grosbeaks.

      Good birding
      Pat & Dick Cabe