5230Vermilion Flycatchers in Tustin

  • Neil
    Jun 2, 2011
      birders,

      Receiving a tip from my boss Bob Scrimger, I visted the north end of the old "blimp base" in Tustin on Tuesday evening (5/31) and saw two juvenile Vermilion Flycatchers. Bob showed me photos of an adult male as well, so there's obviously a family group hanging around.

      Check the open areas in the vicinity of the intersection of Armstrong and Valencia. I had the juveniles behind the small church along Valencia just west of Armstrong. This entire area is abandoned and fenced off, but it's probably fine as long as you bird from the roads and refrain from fence-hopping.

      cheers,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange