4499Fw: [OrangeCountyBirding] Oak Canyon Reserve-Anaheim Hills

  • Mel Sanchez
    Jun 2, 2010
      Quick trip to OCR and was rewarded with view of only 1 white tailed kite constantly harassed by crows, 3 cactus wren on cactus, and 2 western bluebirds on telephone wires outside the reserve.  Many others I couldn't id...heard tons of acorn woodpeckers when I left but didn't see a one...when is next bird call id class, cause I heard tons of different birds and saw others in the distance I couldn't id.  Great place to view is dead tree (on private or water property) as one transitions from roadrunner ridge to heritage trails.

      Mel Sanchez