2964Yellow-throated Warbler in Orange, CA

  • oc_birder
    Apr 2, 2008
      As posted on 29 March, 2008, the Yellow-throated Warbler continued
      this morning, 2 April, in s.w. Orange (see 29 March 2008 posting for
      details). The bird is quite erratic in when it makes its presence
      known (i.e., when it is heard calling), but was heard at about 8:45 am
      today, and then seen for about 20 seconds high in the Canary Island
      Date Palms at 248 S. Batavia St. (I live next door but hadn't heard or
      seen it since 29 March). I heard its high, "sweet, sharp" chip (very
      similar to American Redstart to my ear) for about 3 or 4 minutes.
      After getting it in view for a bit, the bird burried itself in one of
      the palms, went quiet and I didn't hear or see it thereafter.

      Orange, CA