2877A few birds

  • vireos44
    Feb 1, 2008
      Hi,

      The only gull highlight I had at Doheny today was an adult Thayer's
      Gull. Four Black Oystercatchers were feeding on the nearshore rocks. At
      Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach, an obvious hybrid Black X American
      Oystercatcher was feeding below the point at around 3pm. Well to the
      south, I got shaky looks under windy conditions of the
      relatively 'clean' American Oystercatcher. The only 'flaw' I could see
      was a very narrow darkish strip down the center of the otherwise white
      rump and uppertail coverts.

      Jim Pike
      Huntington Beach
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic