1573Reminder - Big Morongo Preserve

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    May 1, 2005

      Big Morongo Preserve

      Date: Sunday, May 8, 2005
      Time: 7:00AM - 12:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Big Morongo Preserve is a mecca for migratory birds as well as
      resident desert species. This willow/cottonwood riparian area,
      with a year around stream, surrounded by desert, attracts a wide
      variety of birds including the nesting Vermilion Flycatcher,
      Brown-crested Flycatcher, Summer Tanager, Yellow-breasted Chat,
      Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Gambel�s Quail, Verdin, and many
      more.

      DIRECTIONS: From Orange County, take the Riverside Fwy. #91 to
      San Bernardino Fwy. #10 towards Palm Springs. Drive past Banning
      and the Palm Springs exit to #62, the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree
      exit where you will turn off. Drive approximately 7 miles to the
      center of Morongo Valley. Turn right on East Drive across from
      Rocky�s Pizza, then take the first driveway to the left,
      into the preserve parking lot where we will meet. Bring a hat,
      water, snack, a jacket & lunch. (This field trip is sponsored
      by Sea & Sage Audubon.)

      Co-Leaders: Bruce Aird & Peyton Cook
      (949)458-1520
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic