1553Bolsa Chica Birds

  • borodayko
    Apr 1, 2005

      I spent some time this morning at the wooden bridge at Bolsa Chica.
      The most noteworthy bird was a Brant feeding on the south side of the
      bridge at the point where the bridge makes a joggle. Also, early in
      the AM, there were several White Pelicans. The common birds were Ruddy
      Ducks (some males in alternate plummage) Eared Grebes (some in
      alternate plummage) Snowy Egrets, Great Egrets, Double-crested
      Cormorants (some showing the white ear tufts), a few Scaup. Two days
      ago I saw a Horned Grebe in alternate plummage there as well but
      missed it today. Caspian's Terns, Royal Terns, Elegant Terns,
      Forster's Terns flew over periodically. Shore birds included Willets,
      Dowitchers, Black-necked Stilts, Marbled Godwits,. Some Whimbrels and
      Long-billed Curlews flew past as well.

      Regards, Al Borodayko
      Cypress, CA
    • Show all 47 messages in this topic